Awareness of waste reduction and reuse opportunities
The consortium will provide an overview of typical challenges in different branches of manufacturing and create learning content together with aspects of serious gaming to reach the target audience of shop floor workers, foremen, and master craftsmen to create awareness of today’s problems, possible solutions, and what can be done in the future. Industry partners from different fields of manufacturing, ranging from concrete prefabrication to metalworking, offer various use cases and best practices.
RODEO builds the necessary industrial development and implementation capacity to address the main challenges of the manufacturing/construction sector:
- Labour shortage and lack of digital skills in some countries,
- Lack of motivation of young people to work in this sector and gender equality,
- Improvement of important sustainability aspects (waste reduction),
- Resource efficiency and reduction of embodied and wasted CO2 based on a circular economy, and
- Increasing productivity, health, and safety at workplaces while improving quality, cost efficiency, and project delivery.